Thursday, April 1, 2010

Scratch- a place to create and share your own interactive stories, games, music, and art

Scratch

This website is very popular with the big kids. They've needed absolutely no instruction from me to get started programming projects with this program. The interface is user-friendly. You can download other people's projects you like and 'dissect' them to learn how its done. My daughter has several in real life friends on Scratch. They love to make and share projects. My daughter is very into the Warriors books right now, so lots of her projects and the projects she's interested in have some Warrior slant to them. The projects can be made using Scratch's drawing program, but also can be hand drawn photos uploaded or drawn with a computer design tablet. We don't have a tablet yet, but I'd like to get one soon. I think this would enhance the experience greatly.

Star Breeze project

Sonia project


Happy Scratching!

No comments:

Post a Comment