Friday, March 26, 2010

2010/2011 Wish List continued...

On with the Science then!

Alnico Science Kit
This is a set of three magnets, a tube with iron fillings, and a tube with small steel shapes. I imagine the magnets will prove useful with many activities.
World of Microscope Kid Kit This is a cheap microscope so I'm hoping for the best! It does come with an Usborne book, The World of the Microscope. I'm generally impressed with Usborne books. If I can I'll likely spring for a more expensive model, but I won't count on it.
Big Screen Microscope Prepared Slides These have 48 specimens, including goldfish scale, bamboo shoot, onion rind, hemp fiber, fern spore, and tulip pollen. Some of these sound decidedly grosser than others and I'm not sure how I feel about the animal hairs and bug slides. Definitely doesn't sound animal friendly!
Fossil in a Bag, 12 fossils
Mineral Science Kit, 15 specimens
Rock Science Kit, 15 specimens
R.E.A.L. Science Odyssey: Earth and Space Level 1 This is supposed to have a very hands-on approach to science, compatible with classical home education.
My Pals Are Here Science 5/6, Cycles, Energy, Interactions, and Systems. I'm expecting these will last for two school years. We'll see! The textbooks look very colorful with beautiful, eye capturing photos and little text. The activity books contain questions and experiments. I'm betting the kids will really enjoy this!
Color Atlas of Human Anatomy
The bucket and platform scales will also come in handy for Science, not just Math I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment